Our client is part of the world’s largest steel manufacturer. At their largest site, almost 900 employees produce around 1.3 million tonnes of steel. The company produces high-quality rolled steel products, forged steels, innovative new steel grades, unalloyed and alloyed stainless steels, and rolled bearing steels in accordance with European standards, international standards, and special works grades. A new wire rod mill that went into operation in the 3rd quarter of 2012 will continue to secure the supply of high-purity valve spring steels to the automotive industry in the future and meet the most modern requirements of the industry.
For our location in Brida our client is looking for an Engineer (m/f/) Customer and Product Support
- Support the customer base in France and other European countries with associated travel activities.
- Supporting the customer service in the market launch of new products and in the implementation of turnaround measures in factories.
- Further development of the company’s products in close cooperation with other departments and the customers.
- Supporting quality assurance and quality management.
- Improvement of production processes with regard to quality and costs.
- Project work: with customers and within the company.
- A degree in ferrous metallurgy (materials technology, metallurgy, forming technology, or process engineering with a focus on materials science) or mechanical engineering with a specialisation in materials.
- Initial work experience is an advantage.
- Strong awareness of quality and costs.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills at all levels.
- A high degree of independence and initiative.
- Good written and spoken English and German or Spanish desirable.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Driving license class B.