We are looking for an environmental educator to help get kids outside this school year as part of our nature programming for youth. The ideal candidate is fun-loving, has lots of energy and has experience working with youth. Our Educators will provide students with a safe, positive, fun atmosphere, encouraging them as they become confident and comfortable in nature. Educators implement the weekly curriculum for our after-school programme in a 100% outdoor environment, monthly Nature Immersion camps and support instruction for our classroom program.
This is a part-time position with approximately 10-15 hours a week. Weekends and weekdays.
• Lead youth in organized activities, games, crafts and help lead themed discussions.
• Positively engage youth and their families.
• Help prepare weekly curriculum and adjust appropriately.
• Assist in healthy communication skills both at the staff level and with youth.
• Assist with all sanitation protocols to maintain a safe environment.
• Love of youth & nature
• Experience working with youth ages 6-12
• Good at leading games & assisting youth in nature-based crafts
• Working knowledge of local flora/fauna is a plus but not required.
• Assist with a balance of staying on schedule versus flexibility to respond to moments of wonder, skilled at assessing time & priority allocations of the day
• Ability to use creative teaching techniques and group management skills
• Positive attitude and work ethic, teamwork skills, oral communication skills
To apply, send resume, cover letter and 3 references.
Brida Job Centre.