We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trainee Croupier and Card Dealer with an upbeat attitude, good numeracy and communication skills and a customer service focus.
As a Trainee Croupier and Card Dealer, we will train you for between 5 and 9 weeks. By the end, you will be competent at dealer games such as Blackjack and American Roulette. You will then progress onto the Gaming floor, where you will be supported and mentored towards dealing with your first live game.
Working as the Trainee Croupier and Card Dealer, you will learn about excellent customer service, how to look after customers and how to ensure that they enjoy the venues safely and responsibly.
- Your duties as the Trainee Croupier and Card Dealer will include:
- Always maintain an upbeat attitude.
- Always acknowledge players when they arrive at the table.
- Remember and refer to customers by their name when appropriate.
- Recognise and respond to customers in a manner that is appropriate to their level of experience.
- Remain patient and polite with customers even in times of disagreement and dispute.
- Deal all games following procedures including, The Rules of the Game and the Gaming Manual.
- Conduct game commentary with clarity.
- Use experience and tact to defuse potential or actual customer problems.
- Inform a manager when a customer persistently displays behaviours associated with a problem gambler.
- Maintain an awareness of customer body language and report any suspicious behaviour.
- Work to continually improve technical skills designed to increase the efficiency of games.
- Attend meetings, training workshops and other communication events as and when requested.
- Regularly check all of the gaming equipment on the tables.
- Articulate (in English)
- Customer service focused.
- Computer literate
- Dealers will spend a large portion of their shift on their feet, working directly with the public.
Your working hours include various shift patterns that require working evenings, nights, weekends and shifts over a 24/7 trading week. Candidates must be flexible to the working hours of a busy casino.