Changing Directions is a non-profit organisation which helps people who need help and support in reintegrating into society. We are looking for an experienced office manager, bilingual fluent in both English and Spanish, who is self-motivated, honest, and reliable. The successful candidate for this position brings experience interacting with the diverse socio-economic population of the Greater Brida Area. The Office Manager assumes overall responsibility for the management of the office.
• Oversee office operations and ensure the safe and effective functioning of the facility.
• Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
• Manage filing systems for confidential participant files and the maintenance and storage of agency records
• Make copies and scan documents
• Responsible for office information technologies, including network, desktop, and telephone system administration.
• Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
• Provide the agency finance department with purchasing and accounting documentation.
• Assist with annual reports and proposals; draft or edit correspondence and reports as needed.
• Serve as liaison with the agency’s computer and database consultants, and other service providers and vendors.
• Fulfil other duties as assigned.
• Bilingual- Spanish and English.
• Minimum four years administrative experience, preferably with a non-profit or social services organization.
• Highly proficient with MS Office Suite (MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Sound knowledge of desktop and network operations.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including handling crisis calls.
• Excellent written communication, including proofreading and analytical skills.
• Sound knowledge of facility and office equipment operations and maintenance.
• Flexible, punctual, professional, responsible, mature, highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work with competing priorities; exercise discretion and sound judgment; and maintain confidentiality.